Saturday, January 3, 2009

Football? Awesome.

This is my first attempt at this whole blog thing, so I’ll try to keep it simple.

Yep, that's me in high school.

I’ve spent the majority of my free time this week watching college football bowl games, watching the NFL wildcard games on the weekend, playing Madden 08 for PC, and reading and conversing on ESPN.com. I can’t remember a time when I’ve been more interested in the sport.

It could be related to the now widespread use of the spread offense in college football. The spread is by far my favorite offense in football. The main goal of the spread is to, well, spread out the defense and make them defend not only the length of the field but the width, as well. With, say, four wide receivers on the field, the defense is forced to either have a linebacker cover a much faster receiver or substitute in another d-back for a linebacker or defensive lineman. With more d-backs, the defense is usually stuck in either a nickel, dime, 3-3-5, or 3-2-6. It’s now much easier for the offense to run up the middle now. The defense is smaller and more spread out. Plays like the zone read and many different types of options force every defensive player to play their own role in slowing down the play, something that is very difficult to do.

Enough with that spread offense stuff. I’ve been playing a ton of Madden 08 on PC. If you can find it anywhere for cheap, I recommend going out and buying it. One of its great features is no limit for number of created teams. I love creating teams. I’ve done a ton of work in Photoshop turning normal sports graphics into helmet logos. I actually took a lot of time highlighting my work in my two YouTube videos: Waterloo West Wahawks and Hawkeye Hawks.

I think that’s all the football-related material I can think of at the moment. I guess I made a couple of posts on Uni Watch today. That’s all.

Don’t forget to visit mdunner28.com for updates on everything. And please comment. I’d really like to get a nice community going here.

No comments:

Post a Comment